Tuesday, July 24, 2012

RAGBRAI Update 4

Hey All, I rode a bit over a 100 miles today, and the weather topped out at a little over 100 degrees.  Needless to say, I'm tired, so these images will have to speak for me.  The century was full of corn fields, so here are pictures of our overnight town...much more interesting!
One quick reflection:  Historically I have judged tandom bikes to be inherently dumb and weak.  I now must repent.  They are still dumb, but several times we hopped onto pace lines pulled by couples on tandoms, and the killed it......27-mph-for-miles killed it!  I went aero on the biggest descent of the day and hit a little over 45mph, and couldn't keep up with a tandom.  All that to say, under the right ridership, a tandom can make me feel weak!
Chris, from the road















No comments:

Post a Comment