Tuesday, July 31, 2012

The RAGBRAI Finale'

Well, I'm sitting back at home, the temperature a solid 50 degrees cooler than it was in Iowa, and I'm surrounded by coffee makers, a warm bed and comfy couch, with the ability to cook whatever food I desire.  Normal life is quite a bit different than it was the last week!  Though I wouldn't choose to live in America's farmland, Iowa was quite hospitable and friendly, and I enjoyed getting to know both my riding partners and those who came out from the local towns to cheer us on and learn our names.

During the trip I'd had a lot of expectations for reflection and reading times, but the heat often allowed for nothing but wandering in search of the next shade patch and water bottle filling station.  However, now that I'm back and have the chance to relax, I'll hopefully get some good processing time in.  Sabbaticals are nice!

Well, for those interested, I've inserted my GPS data for the routes I rode last week into my older posts, so take a look if you're interested.


Here are some pics from the final day, ending at the Mississippi River.
Thanks for reading!








No comments:

Post a Comment